Thursday, April 8, 2010

Putting the sea in SeaSpa

So, this is my first blog entry. I thought that while doing the interviews for my dissertation I would blog about it. So, here goes.

My first stop on my interview itinerary was Kelly's of Rosslare in wexford. The first thing that hits you when you get in the door is the art. It's like the hotel was built around the art and apparently there is a VanGough and an Andy Warhol floating around in a midst the art forest. One of the first pieces of art to hit you is the 8foot horse made from stone standing guard outside.

After the interview was completed Mr. Kelly (or Billy, as everyone calls him) offered to show me around the hotel. First we went through to the leisure centre on the left side of the hotel. There are two areas for children to play in, one for toddlers and one for the older kids (this section contains a wii I think). The pools are huge and look extremely fun. We moved from here to the far side of the hotel with a pit stop in the "Baby room". This room really caught my attention as all I expected was a nappy changing area. A full kitchen with three fridges, three sterilisers, kettles and a cupboard full of baby food open 24 hours a day. The baby food particularly caught my eye as there was every flavour under the sun and it was free. From here we moved to the other extreme of the hotel, where instead of kids running around having fun, I was met with calm and serenity in the form of Kelly's Seaspa. The name I thought nothing of it at the time. The pool goes from indoor to outdoor with the majority indoor. Billy then informed me that the water in the pool is sea water treated by the hotel and offers regenerative powers that normal water doesn't. The hotel is complimented by five tennis courts, two indoor and three outdoor.

The main selling point of this hotel in my mind is how customer orientated it is. Everything revolves around the guest. From the guest entertainment in the evenings, the baby room to the amenities. It really is a family hotel and couldn't be run by a better person than Billy Kelly. I know I sound like an advertisement but honestly it's hard to find fault. If you’re holidaying in Ireland with a family, I would say this has something for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment