Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's all in the name.

During the course of doing interviews for the dissertation, I found a common theme.

I don't know how much this theme relates to my thesis topic but out of all (6) the interviews I have conducted I have found that many of them (5) run marathons. Some have run marathons in the past, some are going to run marathons and then there was one individual who had run over twenty!

This in my mind seems a bit excessive. Over twenty marathons! Why?

What really boggles me is how they train for them. I'm sure training is a big part of the marathon running business. People in regular 9-5's can do this easier than people that work from 7am to 11pm, I'm sure of it. Where in the hell do they find the time and energy between running a business and serving breakfast, lunch and dinner to train. It boggles me beyond belief.

So I say "Run hotels, not marathons"!

That is all, rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment